I love these cauliflower balls because they reheat so easily! I love having these left over in the morning with an egg over medium and some basil pesto sauce!
- cauliflower rice (I buy the bag from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 red bell pepper
- bread crumbs
- cream cheese
- basil pesto
- 1 orange
- baby spinach
- red onion
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Boil a pot of water.
- Add cauliflower rice to the boiling pot of water and cook 4 minutes. Strain the rice with a fine mesh strainer and shake excess water. Press the rice with a spoon to release as much water as possible.
- Dice the red pepper into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Add the rice, pepper, cream cheese, and bread crumbs to a bowl. *I usually start with about 3/4 of the cream cheese bar and add bread crumbs to create a consistency that forms a dough. I don’t know the exact measurements but will update next time I cook it!
- Use the “dough” to roll balls about 1.5 inches in size.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan. Sear the sides about 2 minutes or until browned. *Sometimes I have to add more oil when I turn them over.
- Coat a foil-lined baking sheet with nonstick spray or oil. Place the cauliflower balls on the baking sheet and bake about 10 minutes or until warm in the center.
- While the cauliflower balls are cooking, remove the peel from the orange and cut it into bite-size pieces. Thinly slice the red onion (like super thin!)
- Combine the spinach, red onions, and orange. Place on plate. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Spread basil pesto on one half of your plate and top with the cauliflower balls. Enjoy!